[rfc-i] [Ietf-and-github] RFC Editor & Github

Bret Jordan jordan.ietf at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:19:30 PST 2019

> I have a few other ideas percolating that I’m testing out with another organization (so, not wearing my RSE hat) that may end > up being useful here. The premise there is a wiki-style front end for edits and a GitHub back end to store all the changes (and > mirror any GitHub changes back into the wiki). No idea yet if that idea will fly.

This is what I brought up a few weeks back.  The ideal solution IMHO would be something like Google Docs that everyone could easily comment and provide suggestions in via a browser, where every comment and suggestion was backed by a git transaction.  The document itself would also be in Git, just rendered in something like Google Docs.

This would allow some very interesting and easy work.

Bret