[rfc-i] [Ietf-and-github] New Version Notification for draft-kwatsen-git-xiax-automation-00.txt

Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Tue Feb 26 09:19:38 PST 2019

RFC 5377 section 4.3 calls out that code has different copyright grants
than other parts of the document.  It describes various examples of
code, and then asks the IETF Trust to specify textual marking for code
so that authors can be explicit and can mark things that may not be
obvious by the examples.

So it goes back a lot earlier than 6087.
And as far as I know goes back to before there was any tooling support
for the markings.

Yours,
Joel