[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-kwatsen-git-xiax-automation-00.txt

Kent Watsen kent+ietf at watsen.net
Tue Feb 26 08:52:36 PST 2019

> The original reason for "CODE BEGINS" etc was for licensing (to clarify that part of the content is considered to be a "code component").

Perhaps and, if so, then the markers may still have a purpose.

That said, I only know the markers coming from https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8407#section-3.2 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8407#section-3.2>, which came from https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6087#section-3.1 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6087#section-3.1>.   As the co-chair and shepherd for these drafts, I assure you that my limited understanding for the original motivation is correct.   It's not intended to have any relationship to copyrights, though RFC6087 conflates both a module-level copyright (inside the YANG module) and markers (outside the YANG module) in Section 3.1, which we de-conflicted in RFC8407.

Kent