[rfc-i] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kwatsen-git-xiax-automation-00.txt

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Mon Feb 25 21:10:24 PST 2019

On 25.02.2019 20:14, Kent Watsen wrote:
> All,
>
> I just posted a -00 for an idea I've been working on.
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kwatsen-git-xiax-automation-00
>
> It only lightly touches `git` in its ability to use `git tag` to extract
> a document's next version
> number, this being consistent with Martin's i-d-template work.  Still,
> I'm wondering if the
> 'git' WG might provide a home for this work, or if there is a better
> place for it.
>
> I wish I could present this work in Prague but, unfortunately, I'm
> leaving Prague Thursday
> morning.   I mentioned this before here:
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-and-github/yqlmbElFCWtZfYAWtANiasTpTq8
>
> Cheers,
> Kent

I notice that you seem to propose new extension attributes for stuff you
can already do without. See, in particular,

https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7991.html#element.artwork.attribute.name

https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7991.html#element.sourcecode.attribute.name

https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7991.html#includingexternal

The following discussion about CODE BEGIN etc should also be interesting:

<https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/8>

Best regards, Julian