[rfc-i] [Ietf-and-github] RFC Editor & Github

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Mon Feb 25 07:18:12 PST 2019

What worries me about the Github workflow is that it is really really easy
to respond to an email. Learning how to use a tool that was not well
thought out in the first place for a purpose it was not intended to serve
is not easy.

My experience of the OpenPGP working group was that the contributions were
quickly reduced to the set of people who were familiar with Git and that
set of people wasn't enough to sustain the group.

Workflow tools are great. We can surely do better than email for workflow.
But if people want to use Github, They have to be prepared to at the very
least write up a description of how to use it.