[rfc-i] [Ietf-and-github] RFC Editor & Github

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Feb 22 07:52:46 PST 2019

On Feb 21, 2019, at 8:10 PM, Eric Rescorla <ekr at rtfm.com> wrote:
> On the one hand, it was quite painful.

You’re the second person to say this, so I assume it’s true, but it’s also surprising.   It would be helpful if (perhaps this has already been done) there could be a writeup of what about the process of using github was painful.   We aren’t constrained to either choosing to use github or do nothing to improve the process, and your point about auth48 changes resonates for me too.   If we understood why Github didn’t make things better, or what things about Github made things enough worse that the things Github made better weren’t enough, that would be helpful.