[rfc-i] [Ietf-and-github] RFC Editor & Github

Kent Watsen kent+ietf at watsen.net
Thu Feb 21 20:34:34 PST 2019

I appreciate that folks (including myself) are enthusiastic about using GitHub and Markdown, but it would be a mistake to change the publishing process to incorporate such things.   For one, it begs the question as to how many variants might be allowed (since GitHub/Markdown wouldn't ever be mandated) and, with each variant, the overhead to understand and maintain support for it.  I think the IETF rightly defines a single interface for getting work done.

Kent