[rfc-i] [Ietf-and-github] RFC Editor & Github

Martin J. Dürst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Feb 21 18:31:29 PST 2019

On 2019/02/22 06:54, Tom Pusateri wrote:

> The markdown to XML source change is a separate unfortunate problem for which I don’t have a solution. I realize we can’t expect the RFC Editor to support any XML pre-processor that comes along.

Yes indeed.

> It makes me want to only use the same format that is supported by the RFC Editor instead of using various pre-processor tools. Is the RFC Editor open to using any pre-processors or are they only willing to use XML?

They are still working on getting everything to work with XML, and
Unicode, and HTML and CSS and SVG.

Once they have done that, they may be willing to look at a earlier-stage
format. Please note the singular here. That means that the IETF would
have to be able to agree on a single format, the way we managed to agree
on XML as the central format. That may not be impossible, but my guess
is that it will at least take a lot of time.

Regards,   Martin.