[rfc-i] [Ietf-and-github] RFC Editor & Github

Martin J. Dürst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Feb 21 18:25:26 PST 2019

On 2019/02/22 07:06, Mike Bishop wrote:
> Ideally, I'd see AUTH48 as a PR (perhaps from a private repo). One of the things we'll need to work out is to what extent that's feasible for the RFC Editor.

I'm of course not in any way speaking for the RFC Editor. Also, I'm
myself still struggling with git and github, so I don't want to push
(sic) it on anybody else.

But I think it would be highly beneficial for the RFC Editor to try to
slowly move to (also use) git(hub). They may take quite some time
because they have other things on their plate, and have to make sure
they move carefully, and establish a process that works for them.

But compared to the OLD-NEW style of talking about diffs, pull requests
are way more precise, and that's what matters for their work. If they
can reduce the number of hickups in the back-and-forth with the editors
in Auth48, that may help them quite a bit.

Regards,   Martin.