[rfc-i] [Ietf-and-github] RFC Editor & Github

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Thu Feb 21 14:32:19 PST 2019

> The RFC Editor team is really good at their job and they seem to find things that no one else does, mostly with consistency. So the bigger the document, the more they seem to find.

Certainly (and I have been on the authors’ side for documents such as RFC 3095, so I have fully experienced what you mean).

> The job of writing a technical document and editing one are quite different and the skill sets are also quite different so we both need each other. :)

Right.  I’m just wondering what the incremental benefit of integrating their work into my source code control is: I can live with the discontinuity — finding a way to avoid that would certainly be even better, but not that necessary.

Grüße, Carsten