[rfc-i] Unicode names in RFCs and xml2rfc

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Fri Dec 6 09:53:04 PST 2019

On Dec 6, 2019, at 16:49, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> As I said before, there are more reasons to use non-ASCII than names
> of contacts. For instance, what if I want to refer to the title of a
> book? I know that this isn't currently mentioned in RFC 7997, but I
> think wiring this into the grammar is the wrong approach.

We just haven’t had the first RFC yet that needs to discuss Mößbauer spectroscopy.
Or maybe a Schrödinger equation (or Schrödinger’s cat).
How about Ångström?  (Fortunately, that is not an SI unit, but André-Marie Ampère gave his name to the ampere.)
And I’m still using 50 Ω coax and PCB traces that are some µm thick.

Grüße, Carsten