[rfc-i] RSOC name

Ole Jacobsen olejacobsen at me.com
Mon Aug 19 15:00:13 PDT 2019

Hi,

Speaking as someone who was part of the first RSOC and the committee
that found Heather, I am not particularly surprised that there were
not more bidders the second time around, or the first time for that
matter. The RSE is quite a specialized job, we are IMO not looking for
a generic "editor" or "someone with copy-editing experience" or
"someone who has published an RFC" in spite of such claims on various
lists. I continue to be confused by the notion that an early rebid
would somehow improve this situation, but that debate has already
happened, so I am sure our efforts should be focused instead on
finding a new RSE and/or an interim one as soon as possible.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal