[rfc-i] RSOC name

Sarah Banks sbanks at encrypted.net
Mon Aug 19 12:58:25 PDT 2019

Hi Jim,
	Thanks for the clarification. A few things..

	Joel was a part of the original RSOC that led to the first search that found Heather. He was a part of the second RSOC that led to the rebid of the contract, per RFC6635. I, and Tony, were also a part of that second RSOC when the contract went out to bid per process, and found Heather. However, when the current RSOC made the decision to reup the contract in December but rebid in in 2 years, Joel was no longer on the RSOC, and there were only 2 members remaining from the previous RSOC when the bid/search went out - myself and Tony. I hope that clarifies that, and I apologize for any confusion. We did not check in with previous RSOC members; the feedback was clear. We, as well as Heather, had raised the issue that only 1 bidder had bid the last time (Heather), and that was concerning. New members of the RSOC felt that perhaps we could find new ways to attract more/additional bidders. I'll point out that I've said this several times now, that the RSOC decided to rebid the contract in efforts to address the concern that we'd previously received only 1 bid.

Thanks,
Sarah