[rfc-i] RSOC name

Jim Schaad ietf at augustcellars.com
Sun Aug 18 21:08:27 PDT 2019

As I said, my memory was that part of the reason provided for the reasoning
behind saying that the RSOC intended to re-bid the contract was a concern
about the number of bidders on the contract.  My assumption is that they did
some consulting of the institutional knowledge about how the two bidding
processes were actually performed to determine if that might have been a/the
major factor in the different number of candidates that were bidding for the
contract.  From the message you sent out it seems that only Joel would have
that knowledge in his head and thus I was just verifying that he has been
asked for that knowledge.  It may be that there was sufficient knowledge
written down some place, but extra efforts that might have happened in both
processes would likely no get written down.

If I am wrong about the reasoning behind the desire to have rebid the
contract then the question is not relevant.  The question just goes to how
the institutional knowledge was being used to answer questions.

Jim