[rfc-i] changing [RFC1234] references to [RFC1234-XYZ]

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Wed Aug 14 00:23:10 PDT 2019

On Aug 14, 2019, at 02:28, Martin Thomson <mt at lowentropy.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019, at 02:28, Carsten Bormann wrote:
>> On Aug 13, 2019, at 18:23, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ideally I would like a way to include the definition of a reference but override the visible anchor.
>>
>> kramdown-rfc does that for you.
>>
>> If, for some reason, you want xml2rfc do the including, you have to
>> rely on the server doing it.
>> Right now, the bibxml servers only can do that for DOI and IANA
>> references; you trigger it by adding an ?anchor= query parameter to the
>> URI.
>> I think it is on the to-do-list to enable that for other references,
>> too.
>
> From memory of doing the {{?JSON=RFC8159}} thing, kramdown-rfc2629 just rewrites the XML that it gets if ?anchor= isn’t supported.

Yes.  The to-do list item is for those people who want to directly include bibxml information via XML entity references (or the RFCXML PIs created for this); these cannot massage the XML returned from the web service.  The massaging can easily be done by an authoring tool such as kramdown-rfc or when including the bibxml manually.

Grüße, Carsten