[rfc-i] changing [RFC1234] references to [RFC1234-XYZ]

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Tue Aug 13 09:28:44 PDT 2019

On Aug 13, 2019, at 18:23, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Ideally I would like a way to include the definition of a reference but override the visible anchor.

kramdown-rfc does that for you.

If, for some reason, you want xml2rfc do the including, you have to rely on the server doing it.
Right now, the bibxml servers only can do that for DOI and IANA references; you trigger it by adding an ?anchor= query parameter to the URI.
I think it is on the to-do-list to enable that for other references, too.

Grüße, Carsten