[rfc-i] Fwd: Re: [xml2rfc] Change in the results of using the "author" tag

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 18:35:26 PDT 2019

Hi Charlie,

Sad to say I think you are wrong. Every journal I've ever submitted
to has its own required style for citations, and I'd say that overall
styles that require or permit given names rather than initials are unusual.
So the RFC Series is using a fairly standard practice.

For the IEEE's own style, see
https://ieee-dataport.org/sites/default/files/analysis/27/IEEE%20Citation%20Guidelines.pdf

This page is quite informative:
https://pitt.libguides.com/citationhelp