[rfc-i] GitHub references

Adam Roach adam at nostrum.com
Tue Mar 27 06:45:38 PDT 2018

Really, we want to point to a specific version — that’s what a hash gets us. Lacking a specific unique identifier, the best we can hope for is time to the greatest precision available. Day, if you have it. Minutes, if available. Seconds, too. If the system provides sub-second resolution, include it. Anything that reduces that chances of the reference ambiguously referencing more than one version.

/a