[rfc-i] GitHub references

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Thu Mar 8 14:31:51 PST 2018

> On 09/03/2018 10:58, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>> On 8 Mar 2018, at 17:54, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
>>
>>> Where do you see the full title? Is it in a location consistent from
>>> one
>>> repository to the next?
>> This is a problem with GitHub: the "title" of a repo can change easily
>> over time. Having said that, it might be OK to use the title at the time
>> of publication. Humorously, for mping, right now that is empty.
> And that is not something the RFC Editor can fix. However, I think that
> the rule should be: use the repo's title if there is one. For example,
> https://github.com/becarpenter/graspy has a title that would suffice, IMNSHO.

I'm still unclear on what and where the title is that you're referring
to. Are we talking about what ever is in the area that on mping says
"/No description, website, or topics provided." /and on graspy says
"Python 3 demo code for GRASP protocol"? If that's it, that's a bit
concerning since the text might not be very title-ish at all.

-Heather//