[rfc-i] Finding contributors

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Wed Feb 7 14:31:15 PST 2018

Right. i was too terse:

Q: Whats my datatracker account profile good for, and who has access to it or even
   uses it ? Like my biography or address ? I couldn't figure out how to read
   somebody elses profile information.

N: If the datatracker information was publically readable, i would just suggest
   to put a "Contact URL"  fields into the profile, and then we can simply
   put our datatracker profile URL into the RFC author URI field.
   And when i later change associations, i just need to update my datatracker profile page
   with new contact URL(s).

N: For email, i was not imagining an actual ietf email, but rather
   a proxy service, something like this:
   - add email to profile.
   - publically shown only: email address exists, last update <date>
   - proxy email service:
     - creates email forwarder <username>@proxy.ietf.org
     - mails would be forwarded, aka: new header, so sender can not
       figure out recipient address (from bounced emails etc..)
   - If proxy email service is attacked, protect sending emails
     from attacks:
     - to send emails to <username>@proxy.ietf.org:
     - send $1 payment to token at proxy.ietf.org, receive token number
       valid for 5 emails. Must include token into subject.
       Insert originator email from paypal
       transaction into proxied email.
     - make charges so large it pays for the service but not larger so
       that you don't have to bother about taxing income ;-)

Something like this. protected enough to run automatically without
more than initial dev work.

Cheers
    Toerless

--