[rfc-i] Finding contributors

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Wed Feb 7 12:27:07 PST 2018

RFCs should not bother to dynamically update author information
about they are published. But authors should be given good
choices to find them with the information put into the RFC,
but i would not put that burden on the RFC-editor infra.

But, The RFC-editor for example could ask during Auth48
(into the template text sent to authors).

-> Do you think your contact information is valid long term,
   across change of association ? If not:
   - you can ask us to add additional emails (after XML phase).
   - You can also provide a URI via your XML or txt draft,
     eg: your web/social-network site or the like.

Of course it would be nice if IETF wold give authors some
permanent email or URL, but thats a separate question IMHO,
especially because that would not necessarily apply to individual
submission stream RFCs.

Cheers
    Toerless