[rfc-i] Finding contributors

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Wed Feb 7 09:57:16 PST 2018

XML, Web pages, Data-bases/tracker... gee, all this modern stuff.
You never know what depends on which if you are not on the inside
of that mesh. And given how RFC editor is not publishing normative
XML files for RFC, you can not use the source material (RFCs themselves)
in a reasonable fashion to get the information (too much text parsing
and potentially inconsistent across the staack).

IMHO, the primary source of truth is this:

  ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-index.txt

If contributors show up there (figure out a format extension to separate
from authors), i have the highest confidence that they will show up
in all representations the RFC editor has and short of an authoritative
rfc-index.xml, its IMHO actually authoritative.

Cheers
    Toerless