[rfc-i] Some RFC editing questions

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Wed Sep 27 10:49:34 PDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 07:27:55PM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Carsten's poibt being that this can be problematic if multiple
> people edit, and do not agree on the formatting.

Ok.

> >What do you mean with markdown ? Using an editor that already produces some standard format XML output ?
>
> No. See <https://github.com/cabo/kramdown-rfc2629>.

*sigh* ok. Looks nice, but i am not sure if i want to learn yet another
markup language right now. Or persuade collaborators of it. I wrote
my own markup converter at the end of the 80th to create framemaker output
and lived through a lot of wiki markups, so i am a bit disillusioned about
ever more variations that won't survive at least a decade.  Let me know
when kramdown is older than a decade and i may give it a try.

> >find some good SVG examples in RFCs to see if it makes sense to upgrade
> >myself out of ascii art.
>
> We don't have RFCs with SVG art yet.

Ah, too bad. But the toolchains support it now, eg: one could include
SVG into an XML draft and get it published and the eg: PDF/HDML would
include it ?

E.g.: if the toolchain is ready, i guess i would start giving SVG
a try in so far as creating picture slides for meeting presentations
with SVG, and then later putting them into drafts. WOuld be a big
step forward from all tht throwaway PPT work these days for meetings.

> >>Henrik now has a tool to up-convert from .txt to .xml.
> >
> >Nice. URL ?
>
> <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/id2xml>

Thanks & cheers
    Toerless