[rfc-i] Errata Reference Format

Martin Thomson martin.thomson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 18:32:03 PDT 2017

Hi Heather:

There is no way to go from a search:
  e.g., https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7919

To a specific erratum:
  e.g., https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid4908

Could I request that the erratum ID be turned into a link?

The format I get is a little odd:

small: Found 1 record.
huge: Status: Reported (1)
large: RFC 7919, "Negotiated Finite Field Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral
Parameters for Transport Layer Security (TLS)", August 2016
small: Source of RFC: tls (sec)
small: Errata ID: 4908
medium: Status: Reported
medium: Type: Technical
small: Reported By: Martin Thomson
small: Date Reported: 2017-01-16

I don't know why "Status: Reported (1)" appears so prominently.  It
could be removed.  And the metadata is inconsistently formatted.  I'd
suggest:

small: Found 1 record.
large:Errata ID: 4908 <- link
medium: RFC 7919, "Negotiated Finite Field Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral
Parameters for Transport Layer Security (TLS)", August 2016
small: Source of RFC: tls (sec) <- keep the existing links
small: Status: Reported <- bold
small: Type: Technical <- bold
small: Reported By: Martin Thomson
small: Date Reported: 2017-01-16

At the same time, I'd request that you change the stylesheet to
include pre { overflow-x: auto;  } rather than pre { overflow: scroll;
overflow-y: hidden; }