[rfc-i] RFC Series publishes first RFC with non-ASCII characters

HANSEN, TONY L tony at att.com
Fri Sep 15 09:18:30 PDT 2017

On 9/14/17, 5:07 PM, "rfc-interest on behalf of Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <rfc-interest-bounces at rfc-editor.org on behalf of rse at rfc-editor.org> wrote:

    RFC 8187, "Indicating Character Encoding and Language for HTTP Header
    Field Parameters", is the first RFC to be published with UTF-8 encoding
    and include characters not in the basic ASCII character set. ...

    Heather Flanagan, RSE

Congratulations, Heather, to you, your team, and the authors. This is a big step forward, and I know it took lots of hard work and community involvement to get here.

I think the steps the team took used the right balance of progress and restraint in this important area.

Congratulations again.

	Tony Hansen