[rfc-i] Style Guide and Abstract guidance

Adam Roach adam at nostrum.com
Fri Sep 8 14:00:00 PDT 2017

On 9/8/17 10:57 AM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
>     Every RFC must have an Abstract that provides a concise and
>     comprehensive overview of the purpose and contents of the entire
>     document, to give a technically knowledgeable reader a general
>     overview of the function of the document and some context with
>     regards to its relationship (in particular, whether it updates or
>     obsoletes) any other RFCs.

I think this sentence needs a bit of editing to be grammatical: if you
remove the parenthetical phrase, it becomes obvious that the final
prepositional phrase lacks a preposition (in large part because the main
sentence treats the final three words as a prepositional phrase while
the parenthetical phrase treats them as a direct object). I could make a
suggestion, but I'm sure you have more experience editing English than I
do. :)

/a