[rfc-i] Authoring I-D/RFCs in AsciiDoc

Ronald Tse tse at ribose.com
Mon Nov 27 06:40:05 PST 2017

Thank you very much Julian, we will try to include this in our test suite to test for v2/v3 compatibility :-P

Kind regards,
Ron

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.

On 2017-11-25 17:26, Ronald Tse wrote:
Warm greetings to everyone on the rfc-interest list!
We’ve recently made a tool that allows writing Internet-Drafts using AsciiDoc called “asciidoctor-rfc” [1], as an alternative to Kramdown / MMark or manual RFC XML. AsciiDoc is a widely-adopted textual format. Similar to Markdown, it is simple to write and easy to understand, but its major benefit is for being a structured format that directly converts into DocBook XML.
The tool, “asciidoctor-rfc” supports generating both v3 and v2 RFC XML through the “AsciiRFC” syntax [2].
We have attempted to expose as many v3 (and v2) features as possible through native AsciiDoc syntax. I do know the v3 xml2rfc tool is under development (originally scheduled for Oct?), and we are excited to try it out using RFC XML files generated with asciidoctor-rfc.

You may want to try it with rfc2629.xslt, which already supports a broad range of V3 features...: <https://www.greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629xslt.html#v3>

Best regards, Julian