[rfc-i] Placement of Index

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sat Mar 11 06:20:54 PST 2017

<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-flanagan-7322bis-00#section-4.10>:

>    If included, an index appears directly after any appendices and
>    before the Acknowledgements (if any).  Where applicable, it appears
>    before the "IAB Members at the Time of Approval" section.

 From an xml2rfc point of view, that's hard to implement, as "IAB
Members at the Time of Approval" and "Acknowledgements" are regular
appendices that happen to be unnumbered (using
<https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7991.html#element.section.attribute.numbered>).

Can we generalize this to: "it appears before any unnumbered appendix,
such as..."? Otherwise we'll need to come up with new markup to define
where to place the index (in which case you should raise an issue at
<https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis>).

Best regards, Julian