[rfc-i] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-7322bis-00.txt

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Fri Mar 10 12:27:00 PST 2017

FYI, I am kicking off the refresh of the RFC Style Guide. Significant
changes include:

1. Style guidance for figures/images

2. Inclusion of the Musts and several of the Recommendations from the
web portion of the style guide
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/styleguide/part2/)
- guidance on RFCs as Compounds
- adding DOI numbers to references
- noting where the Index should go (if an RFC actually has one)
- guidance on in-text citations
- encouraging the use of HTTPS over HTTP
- specific note on IEEE references
- guidance on referenceing individual email messages on mailing lists
- removing the two spaces after a period requirement
- removing the "we will remove empty IANA considerations" guidance

3. Changing the reference format to include stream info

This is just a first pass. Additional changes being thought about (but
which aren't in the doc yet, assuming they get added at all) include:
- BibTex citation format
- more citation tag guidance, particularly around using non-ASCII
characters in a citation
- header/footer guidance given the new format changes
- guidance on the use of annotations in references
- adding back the Protocol Data Definitions template

If you have particular opinions on any of the above items, please start
a thread and discuss.

-Heather