[rfc-i] Author line oddity in citations

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 13:26:06 PDT 2017

Loa,

I do wonder myself why we use this style instead of the simpler style
used by IEEE and ACM, but this goes back a long way (RFC793 for example)
so it would be a bit strange to change it now.

As for CMOS, I think it must depend on the edition. Some sources
suggest "Deans, Graeme K., Fritz Kroeger and Stefan Zeisel"
rather than "Deans, Graeme K., Kroeger, Fritz and Stefan Zeisel".

Also see http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/turabian/turabian_citationguide.html

Regards
   Brian