[rfc-i] xml2rfc schema for draft version

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Thu Jul 13 07:22:56 PDT 2017

I would like the xml2rfc schema to separate the declaration of the document
name and version number for drafts.

The reason I have always made this division in my tools is that I can't be
bothered to track version numbers. Updating them is a chore, I always have
to check to see whether I did it. That is something that must be done by a
machine, not the user.

So today's hack is going to be implementing that for Markdown and Word
input streams. I realized I already have most of the code.

This would require some change to SeriesInfo.