[rfc-i] SVG-1.2-RFC now only in black and white

Nevil Brownlee n.brownlee at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Dec 12 17:26:42 PST 2017

Hi all:

I've posted a new draft, draft-7996-bis-00.txt, that
  - limits colours to black, white and their hex equivalents
  - removes linearGradient and radialGradient elemnts

These changes appear in SVG-1.2-RFC's rnc schema, that's
Appendix A in the draft.
I've put a copy of the rnc schema online in my home page, at
https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~nevil/SVG_RFC_1.2/SVG-1.2-RFC.rnc

Also, I've updated my svg-check.py program - that will check an
SVG file for compliance with SVG-1.2-RFC.  It will also strip
out any non-compliant elements in the XML to produce a compliant
copy.  If you'd like to try svg-check.py, you can get it from
https://github.com/nevil-brownlee/check_svg

For example, python3 check-svg.py -w 200 -n rpc-procedure-inkscape.svg
flags 128 warnings in the image  rpc-procedure-inkscape.svg
It also writes pc-procedure-inkscape.new.svg, which has no errors
and looks the same as the original when displayed.

Cheers, Nevil