[rfc-i] SVG elements not removed

Jim Schaad ietf at augustcellars.com
Thu Dec 7 12:03:57 PST 2017

I am taking a closer look at all of the SVG elements that are labeled as out
of bounds for RFCs.  In looking through things I came across linearGradient
and radialGradient.  I am wondering why these elements are not also ruled as
being out of bounds.

The rule that was applied was that the only colors that are to be used are
black and white with no gray scaling.  Both of these elements would
introduce grays into the system as they provide for an object to be painted
with a gradient of color from black to white across the object.  This means
that the middle would be gray.

Was not ruling these elements out an oversight or was it intentional?

Jim