[rfc-i] Two drafts showing the advantage of the new format

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Wed Aug 16 21:37:35 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu>
wrote:

> On 8/16/17 6:29 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>
>> My tools are not yet complete, there are several bugs and glitches to
>> iron out. But I thought people might like to see examples of two new drafts
>> that I think really show why this work is so worthwhile.
>>
>> Original Format:
>>
>> https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hallambaker-mesh-
>> recrypt-02.txt
>>
>> https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hallambaker-mesh-
>> confirm-01.txt
>>
>> New Format:
>>
>> http://prismproof.org/Documents/draft-hallambaker-mesh-recrypt.html
>>
>> http://prismproof.org/Documents/draft-hallambaker-mesh-confirm.html
>>
>> Major thanks to everyone who made this all possible.
>>

> The html renders nicely, but I do have a couple of comments:
>
> 1) The TOC is nice as long as the window is wide enough. If I narrow the
> window enough it omits the content of the TOC but leaves its heading sort
> of floating over the main text. That seems fine, but I can't find any way
> to see the content of the TOC without widening the window.
>
> 2) In the normative references of draft-hallambaker-mesh-confirm-01
> things get weird for the reference with a long tag. I would expect the
> wrapped content of the reference to align with the wrapped content of other
> references with shorter tags.
>
>         Thanks,
>         Paul

I am using the experimental style sheet with minor changes to improve
readability, the headings are coloured and the print version of the text is
black on white rather than the white on white of the original. I am not a
css guru.

​The first is the Toc trying to hide itself to make room on a small display
which is maybe not a bad thing.​ But it maybe should do it better.

The second is just a bug in my view. I don't understand why definition
lists are handled the way they are either. There is a compact style which I
would expect to try to keep the tag and definition on one line. But the
same happens for non compact which is just wrong in my view. I want the
<dd> to start a new line after the <dt>

Something that is just a bug in my processor is that the hypertext links
are not anchorized in the references section. Nor does the processor fill
in URI entries for documents that are missing them.