[rfc-i] Two drafts showing the advantage of the new format

Martin Thomson martin.thomson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:30:44 PDT 2017

On 17 August 2017 at 13:55, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> 1) The TOC is nice as long as the window is wide enough. If I narrow the
> window enough it omits the content of the TOC but leaves its heading sort of
> floating over the main text. That seems fine, but I can't find any way to
> see the content of the TOC without widening the window.

I had the same complaint, but my suggestion was rejected.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rfc-interest/KithtbhVtSR1Vl830IeSbqqYEpI

I still prefer the technique we use elsewhere, which is to have the
TOC render inline when the window is narrow.  See for example
https://martinthomson.github.io/http-replay/draft-thomson-http-replay.html

I was going to use
https://martinthomson.github.io/teapot/draft-thomson-teapot.html as an
example, but then I noticed that for some bizarre reason xml2rfc put
the TOC at the end of the document.