[rfc-i] Two drafts showing the advantage of the new format

Adam Roach adam at nostrum.com
Wed Aug 16 18:20:57 PDT 2017

On 8/16/17 8:13 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Note that at least one IAB member at the time thought the plan was to modify the rfcs in question in light of experience.  I believe said IAB member made this point at a plenary.

Sure -- my understanding of the plan is to have revised versions of all
of the documents out now that we've had time to poke at their practical
impact.  However, unless you've found a way to let my laser printer
produce colors, and additionally come up with a miracle cure for the
red-green colorblindness that impacts a non-trivial percentage of the
general population, it's going to be hard arguing that there's
experiential reasons to revisit this *specific* requirement.

/a