[rfc-i] Sooo has anyone tried actually printing the new HTML style??

Martin J. Dürst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Sun Aug 13 12:04:01 PDT 2017

On 2017/08/13 05:46, Julian Reschke wrote:

> You are misreading the spec (IMHO):

>>            drawing applications).  They are not part of SVG Tiny 1.2
>>            but are included here for compatibility.  Note that
>

> This is not the same thing as a style element (but yes, the chosen
> notation is very confusing).

In agreement with Martin Thomson, I'd call that a heavy miswrite, rather
than a misread :-(.

Just as an example, the most straightforward style sheet for a simple
SVG diagram could be something like:

   text { fill: black; stroke: none; }
   rect { fill: none; stroke: black; stroke-width: 1pt; }

That will save a lot of individual settings such as:

<text fill='black' stroke='none'>...</text>

Of course, there are some more creative ways to use styles in SVG, but
this is just to show that even for a very, very simple diagram with some
boxes and some text, the style element can be extremely helpful.

Regards,   Martin.