[rfc-i] Capitalization of "working group"

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Wed Apr 12 09:53:15 PDT 2017

Capitalization rules, like everything else in English, are fluid. Proper
nouns aren't all capitalized, e.g.: "You can xerox a kleenex."

E.g., the Associated Press has recommended using "internet" rather than
"Internet", even for the proper noun of the singular, global
communications system we all work on. Many newspapers and other media
outlets follow their lead.

I don't think it matters what is used. Consistency is helpful, but not
critical.

Joe