[rfc-i] Fwd: Re: Old Errata

Heather Flanagan rse at rfc-editor.org
Tue Sep 13 12:32:04 PDT 2016

Hi Brian,

In terms of how having unhandled errata reflect on the reputation of the RFC Series, yes, this is an RFC Editor issue. That said, we do not have the necessary information to make the necessary judgements on technical errata. That must come from the authors, the WGs, or the stream approving bodies as appropriate. The RFC Editor does take responsibility for the editorial errata; that’s a relatively recent change in the last two years or so.

As for the old Legacy RFCs, those now have pointers to either the specific groups as requested by the IESG or the IESG as a whole on their info pages.

-Heather