[rfc-i] [IAB] draft-iab-rfcv3-preptool-01, "5. What the v3 Prep Tool Does"

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Mar 14 11:20:03 PDT 2016

On 3/14/16, 6:09 AM, "IAB on behalf of Julian Reschke" <iab-bounces at iab.org on behalf of julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

><http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-iab-rfcv3-preptool-01.html#rfc.section.5>:
>
>> 15. Add a “slugifiedName” attribute to each <name> element that does not contain one; replace the attribute if it contains a value that begins with “n-“.
>
>a) Shouldn't this say "replace the attribute in any case, no matter what
>it contains"? Or what is the expected behavior when it is present but
>does not start with "n-"?

That would have been fine with me, but it's not worth the change at this point.

>b) What's the use of a slugifiedName when the parent element has an
>anchor attribute?

Nothing I can think of.  I would have also been fine with the preptool adding an "n-" anchor if one doesn't exist, and getting rid of sluggifiedName.  Actually, I could probably be talked into that now as a simplifying change (modulo whatever we learn from prototyping), if you think it's really important.

--
Joe Hildebrand