[rfc-i] draft-iab-xml2rfc-03, "2.11 <boilerplate>"

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Sun Mar 13 03:21:07 PDT 2016

On 3/8/16 6:45 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-iab-xml2rfc-03.html#rfc.section.2.11>:
>

> "Holds the boilerplate text for the document. This section is filled in
> by the prep tool."
>
> (and it's defined to occur at most one time)
>
> This is mainly a question to the RFC Editor: before RFC 7322 (new style
> guide), stream and RFC Editor notes have been placed in between "Status
> Of This Memo" and "Copyright", thus a single <boilerplate> element would
> have been a problem (example RFC 7111).
>
> Can we rely on Status and Copyright to be back-to-back in the future?
>
> (Back in the past, we also had auto-generated IPR related information in
> the back of the document, but I assume we won't go back there?)

Yes, but with the caveat of potential requests for change from the IETF
Trust or the IAB. I don't anticipate that happening any time soon, but
remember that the IAB, as per 5741 and its successors, own the Status
portion and can request it be moved. Similarly, the Trust can change the
copyright info (but won't unless there is a good reason to do so).

-HEather