[rfc-i] [IAB] draft-iab-xml2rfc-03, "2.19 <displayreference> "

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed Mar 2 08:49:26 PST 2016

On 3/2/16, 9:45 AM, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

>However I continue to be worried by all the attributes sprinkled into V3
>because of the preptool, because:
>
>a) it creates cases where we have two (or more) ways to achieve the same
>result, thus we'd need to state what takes priority, and

I disagree.  Once a document comes out of the preptool, there's *exactly* one place to get all of those bits of information.  That's the whole point of the preptool, is to refactor a bunch of logic that would otherwise have to be in all of the output formatters.

>b) the size of the V3 vocab.

I understand this concern.

>The latter point could be mitigated if we moved all preptool decorations
>into a separate namespace.

I would be fine with that, but it will take quite a bit of effort.  Let's make sure it's really required before starting.

--
Joe Hildebrand