[rfc-i] [IAB] draft-iab-xml2rfc-03, "2.19 <displayreference> "

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed Mar 2 08:30:55 PST 2016

OK, here's an approach that would simplify things a little bit for the output formatters:

- add a reference/@targetdisplay attribute
- after the preptool has included all references
- have the preptool fill in reference/@display with either displayreference/@to or reference/@target
- preptool removes <displayreference>
- preptool sorts references by reference/@display if rfc/@sortRefs is true

I understand that this doesn't change much in terms of the amount of code to be written.  However, I think it makes it more likely that future output formatters will not ignore <displayreference>.

--
Joe Hildebrand