[rfc-i] I-D Action: draft-iab-svg-rfc-00.txt

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:48:25 PST 2016

On 07/01/2016 13:26, Donald Eastlake wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Andrew G. Malis <agmalis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Nevil,
>>
>> I have a comment regarding the lack of color for SVG drawings. I do
>> realize that this should have been a comment for RFC 6949, but this may be
>> a requirement that we want to revisit.
>>

> While I agree that almost all screens and printers can handle color, I
> believe the thought was that not all eyes can.

Indeed. I just tested Fig 5 from the draft Andy indicated with
http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckImage.php, and it is broken for
both forms of red-green colour deficit.

And of course it's broken by grey scale printing, which many people use
be default due to the exorbitant cost of coloured ink.

    Brian