[rfc-i] draft-iab-xml2rfc-03, "2.56.3 "border" Attribute"

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 10:31:34 PDT 2016

On 2016-04-05 16:43, Julian Reschke wrote:
> <https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-iab-xml2rfc-03.html#rfc.section.2.56.3>:
>

> "The width of the border for this cell. The default is 0, meaning no
> border."
>
> What is the unit? CSS pixels?
>
> Related to that: V2 allows table styles using
> <https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7749.html#element.texttable.attribute.style>:
>

>> Selects which borders should be drawn, where
>>
>>     "all" means borders around all table cells,
>>     "full" is like "all", except no horizontal lines between table
>> rows (except below the column titles),
>>     "headers" adds just a separator between column titles and rows, and
>>     "none" means no borders at all.
>
> Is there a mapping of "full" and "headers" to V3 syntax?
>
> Best regards, Julian

Statistics from AUTH48 XML (insert standard disclaimer):

style=full    1185  (also the default)
style=all       28
style=headers   40
style=empty     27

So styles other than the default style are used in practice, but not a
lot. That being said, I'd be surprised if people wouldn't want similar
kind of control once we can actually produce non-ugly tables...

Best regards, Julian