[rfc-i] Doing something else on April 1

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sat Apr 2 13:47:19 PDT 2016

On 2 Apr 2016, at 17:12, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

> April 1st RFCs are not necessarily published every year; it depends on
> what comes in and whether it seems suitable for this very unofficial
> activity. Submissions were very light for April 1 RFCs this year and
> we
> decided not to publish.

FWIW, there was a pretty strong backlash in the tech community against
April Fools "jokes" this year, growing from previous years. The RFC
Series was one of the originators in our field of the jokes; maybe we
could be one of the originators of not doing them and thinking of
something else we can lead.

--Paul Hoffman