[rfc-i] New RFC Editor Website - Live!

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Sat Oct 3 16:38:29 PDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 10:24:59PM -0000, John Levine wrote:

> I'm looking at this RFC errata page, and although it is certainly more
> attractive than it was before, it's a lot harder to tell where one
> erratum starts and the next begins.
>
> https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6376
>
> The text is all shown in a grey background block in the middle of the
> page, which is fine, but for some reason when there's a blank line in
> quoted text, that displays as a white bar across the block.  There's
> a thin darker grey line between errata, but for me at least it's hard
> to see.
>
> White bars would be a nice separator between the errata, and now you even
> know how to make them.

Much the same issue with the cluster pages.  The thin, slighly
darker grey bar (against a grey background) between items is much
too subtle for my eyes.  As a result all the items just run together.

    http://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_info.php?cid=C254

In a Firefox, in which I disable Java Script, and block all features
I can get away with blocking, the grey background goes away, and
the same page is crystal-clear with a white background.

My $0.02, ditch the grey background!  Barring dire emergencies,
all text should be black on white.

    Attached: normal.jpg	(appearance in "normal" browser)
    Attached: locked-down.jpg	(appearance in "locked-down" browser)

--
	Viktor.