[rfc-i] date element (was Re: submit tool issues with XML?)

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Wed Jul 29 23:06:57 PDT 2015

If someone can explain to me the use cases we have for these weird date
elements in front matter, I'll be grateful.  I'm trying to support
generating them from kramdown-rfc2629, but I have no idea why one would
ever want to use anything in front matter but a specific date or the
unspecified date (an empty element with no attributes).

(Dates in references are something different, but again I'd like to
understand when there should be an "n.d." generated etc.)

Grüße, Carsten