[rfc-i] submit tool issues with XML?

Jon Mitchell jrmitche at puck.nether.net
Wed Jul 29 09:41:02 PDT 2015

Anyone else having trouble submitting XML drafts today via the submit
tool?  I've tried submitting a long draft that passes xml2rfc website
validation (and with only minor changes from previous version, all in
text versus any tags changed) and I'm getting the error:

Exception: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'

>From the main screen.  Submitting as txt only does get to the next
screen.

Thoughts?  I saw the announcement about new 6.2.0 datatracker version so
thought I would start here.

-Jon