[rfc-i] suggestion for the RPC, IEEE standards

Tony Hansen tony at gs4nj.org
Tue Jul 21 01:50:45 PDT 2015

I'm thinking that we should create a new bibxml6 / bibxml-ieee seeded
from John Levine's dig of the current IEEE networking standards.

Towards this end, I've taken John Levine's dig at
http://www.taugh.com/ieeestd/, renamed all of the files to
reference.IEEE.<std-number>.xml, added in the XML declarations, and
created this tree:

    http://zinfandel.tools.ietf.org/~tonyh/bibxml-ieee/

Please review this list and let me know if there are any issues.

If people think this looks good, I will move it into place as
<http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml6>.

The next step is to work towards automating the updating of this tree.

Eliot, while I appreciate the work you did to extract those references
from current drafts, I'm hesitant to drop those into place as they have
not been vetted by anyone other than just the author. However, I think
it would be useful to take your tool and run it against a corpus of the
RFC-Editor-vetted XML files, say for RFCs since RFC 6000. I think that
>those< files could be safely added to bibxml2.

Thoughts?

    Tony